Friday, August 27, 2004

Still Extant

Over one month since my last post. Torpor? Perhaps. Finished a fairly long bit of writing ("Blaze"); I've also spent much time out of the apartment and down the road, comfortably sitting with S.H., imbibing ice cold drinks, and comparing notes on everything from Celine to madness to translators, relationships, books, our respective artistic pursuits, etc. I haven't painted in months. My fallow period. The tension felt when one is "in between things." I thought that I should celebrate this movement rather than be slayed by the unknown that is somewhere "up ahead."

Been listening to Penderecki, Lygeti, as well as Cage's prepared piano sonatas.

Several noteworthy dream, but I'll spare "you" those.

Just finished reading Ezra Mark's recent chapbook, "Intent." Quite good.

Attended the Bangkok Short Film Festival not too long ago. Saw a mind-numbingly boring film.

No music lately, though now I'm looking into purchasing a radio transmitter in order to infest the far right of the dial with live performances, readings, and pre-recorded music once a week. Catch me if you can.

*******

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home